My version of KAYA (Coconut jam)
400ml coconut milk
25g brown sugar
5 egg yolks
1 tbspn cornflour
2 pandan leaves (1 used 2 tspn of pandan essences)
1. In a sauce pan, boil 1/4 cup of water with white n brown sugar.
2. Add in coconut milk. Bring to boil and keep stirring.
3. Add beaten egg yolks.
4. Add in the pandan essence or pandan leaves.
5. add in cornflour (diluted with a bit of water).
6. Continue stiring until thicken. Might take an hour. I cheated by increasing the heat 🙂
7. Cool the kaya completely. Discard the leaves (if using). And its ready! Refrigerate the remaining.
Note: if the kaya becomes lumpy, u might wanna use blender, then cook again 🙂